We have had quite a busy year here at MMANC. As a a volunteer-driven organization, we would like to thank the dozens of volunteers and partners who made it possible to deliver incredible programs for members like you. In all we do, MMANC strives to live up to our mission- to inspire, inform and connect local government leaders in Northern California.
As we reflect on the past year, we wanted to provide you with some highlights from 2016:
- For the first time, we sold out all four of our signature events: Winter Forum in Foster City, Women’s Leadership Summit in San Ramon (record-breaking 273 attendees), Summer Signature Symposium in Oakland, and the Annual Conference in Monterey (record-breaking 287 attendees).
- Active membership exceeded a milestone 500+, a first for our organization.
- We launched a beautiful, responsive new website at mmanc.org – same domain, but quite a different look!
- Awards were presented to deserving individuals and organizations at our Winter Forum and Women’s Leadership Summit events.
- The 5 MMANC Regions held a number of stellar events, through which we connected with many of our organization’s more remote areas, such as Humboldt County.
- In total, MMANC delivered 24 events – attracting a record-breaking 1,500 participants – and sustained at least a 20% increase in attendance at MMANC functions, a trend we’ve seen every year since 2013.
- MMANC offered workshops and programs on important topics such as ethics (in collaboration with ICMA) and diversity.
- We went on the road, promoting the value of professional development and MMANC through presentations at 14 City Manager meetings throughout the five MMANC Regions.
- Presentations were delivered about employee development and emerging leaders at the League of California Cities’ Annual Conference and at the upcoming City Manager’s Department Conference.
- MMANC renewed its longtime partnership agreement with ICMA and continued collaborative efforts with the League of California Cities and the Institute for Local Government.
- We leveraged partnerships with Corporate Partners, including Tripepi Smith for the website redesign, as well as Management Partners, Hanson Bridgett, CPS HR Consulting and Stifel for programming and additional in-kind support. If you would like to help us secure more partnerships, please share our 2017 Corporate Partnerships Prospectus.
- The organization maintained an active and engaged, 30-member Board of Directors, with a strong 83% retention rate (board members continuing their service on the board).
All of these great outcomes would not have been possible without the dedication of our event committee volunteers and our volunteer Board of Directors.
Looking to 2017, we are excited to build upon many of our accomplishments in 2016 and to continue to grow as an organization, serving and inspiring the municipal management profession in Northern California. Some of our goals for 2017 include:
- Continuing to offer high-quality programs and events to our members
- Continued outreach to underserved communities, including rural areas of Northern California and the San Joaquin Valley
- Delivering programs that highlight our values: ethics, diversity and community engagement
- Offering more opportunities to network and connect professionals in our regions
- Hosting another engaging Annual Conference in Napa in November
As we enter what promises to be an interesting year in municipal management, the work we do at the local level is more important than ever. We hope you’ll continue to support MMANC as a member, a volunteer or a partner – you make it possible for our organization, our profession, and our communities to thrive! We look forward to continuing our work with you to engage, educate, and empower tomorrow’s municipal leaders. Thank you again for being a part of MMANC.
Yours in service,