City of Bakersfield
City of Bakersfield
Assistant Director of Technology Services
$53.05 – $64.49 Hourly
$9,196.03 – $11,177.75 Monthly
- SALARY: $59.420 – $72.225/ Hour
$10,299 – $12,519/monthly
Note: Proposed Salary range pending approval in September, 2023
About Technology Services: The Technology Services Department (TSD) is one of thirteen departments that comprise the City of Bakersfield’s government structure. TSD is the centralized authority responsible for the development, implementation, and management of traditional and data-centric information technology assets throughout the organization. TSD partners closely with our other member departments as technology use becomes more pervasive and integrated into the individual lines of business.
The department is comprised of 63 authorized positions out of a total city complement of 1961. TSD staff are assigned across three divisions, Administrative, Professional Services, and Technical Systems. Our technologists are members of either the Professional or Technical divisions and each has 3 teams that are focused on one or more technical focused disciplines.
THE POSITION: Under general direction, plans and administers the day-to-day operations of the Technology Services Department. See full job description below.
- Full Job Description: Assistant Director of Technology Services
- Applications will be accepted only for those applicants who clearly demonstrate on the COMPLETED application, supplemental questionnaire, and resume that they possess the minimum qualifications which include:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor ‘s Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology activities, three (3) of which involved supervision and administrative duties, OR;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties.
- Must be able to pass a police background check.
- Highly Desirable Qualifications: Strong verbal and written communications skills tailorable to a variety of stakeholders, including the City Council, City Manager, department heads and/or the public; Ability to deliver multiple projects while maintaining effective and cooperative work relationships with all levels of the organization; Aptitude to identify and propose solutions which enhance services to City departments and simultaneously reduce costs; Possess strong time management and organizational skills; Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol phone system; Experience with digital radio network operations and management; Demonstrated experience working in a Municipal Government setting; Knowledge of Financial management and budget administration principles and practices; Experience in Policy research and development; Understanding of Project management methods and Experience with GIS, web site development and mobile app management. Understanding and experience in the development of operational reporting, inclusive of trend indicators/forecasting and recommended courses of action where applicable.
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: See Full Job Description above
Examination (Weighted: 100%)
- The method of examination may include one or more of the following: written exam; oral exam; evaluation of education, training, experience or other qualifications as shown by the application, or by other information submitted, or by the record; questionnaires submitted to references; or any other appropriate measure of fitness. A minimum passing score of 70% is required. NOTE: Admission to the Examination may be limited to those applicants who demonstrate the best combination of qualifications. Applicants possessing the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed admittance to the Examination. Resume will NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
To apply for this job please visit www.bakersfieldcity.us.