Website Central Marin Sanitation Agency
JOB TITLE: Administrative Services Manager
AGENCY: Central Marin Sanitation Agency (CMSA)
LOCATION: San Rafael, CA
FILING DEADLINE: December 11, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $17,336 – $21,071 / Monthly
Central Marin Sanitation Agency (CMSA) is recruiting for an Administrative Services Manager position that is responsible for all aspects of the Agency’s financial, administrative support, and information systems activities, and reports directly to the General Manager. This position functions as the Agency’s Chief Financial Officer, Office Manager, and HR Administrator, and may be appointed as the Agency’s Treasurer by the CMSA Board of Commissioners.
· Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, and work activities for the Administration Department.
· Manages and implements financial controls and reporting in compliance with legal guidelines and Agency policies.
· Oversees the development and production of the Agency’s budget and financial reports.
· Directs the processing of Agency payroll.
· Manages and prepares the Agency’s financial statements and annual financial audit.
· Manages Agency risk management activities, including the procurement of appropriate insurance coverage.
· Plans, develops, implements, and administers the Agency’s cash management and investment program in accordance with applicable state laws and the Agency’s investment policy as adopted by the Agency Board of Commissioners.
· Performs, directs, and participates in long-term financial forecasting for the Agency.
· Interprets and applies the Agency’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Memoranda of Understanding with bargaining units, and state and federal employment laws.
· Advises Agency managers and supervisors on personnel matters.
· Administers the Agency’s comprehensive employee benefits program.
· Oversees the management of the Agency’s office information technology systems. Manages budget for acquiring and maintaining system hardware and software.
· Ensures timely and accurate installation and configuration of new and upgraded system hardware and software, test modules, databases, and other system modifications to ensure operational effectiveness.
· Ensures staff training on the use of new and modified hardware and software is provided.
· Manages Agency efforts to maintain secure access to Agency office IT systems.
· Serves as the Recording Secretary for the Board of Commissioners, as requested.
· Oversees the management of files and electronic documents in accordance with Agency policy on records retention.
· Supervises the administrative office in support of the General Manager, management team, and Agency staff.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be well-versed in all aspects of financial operations.
· Be skilled in addressing financial, management, organizational, and administrative issues.
· Bring strong leadership capabilities to solve problems, build consensus, provide effective feedback, and establish a climate of openness and mutual respect.
· Establish rapport and strong professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Value teamwork and collaboration.
· Demonstrate commitment to the training and development of staff.
· Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Enjoy working in a small office and helping to resolve various problems.
· Possess excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
CMSA began operation in 1985 providing services to an area population of approximately 105,000, consisting of residences and businesses, and includes educational, hospital, and correctional facilities. In addition to wastewater and biosolids treatment and reuse, CMSA has successful organic waste receiving and renewable power delivery programs, and provides a variety of other environmental services to local agencies.
CMSA is located in San Rafael, the commercial and governmental center of Marin County, just north of San Francisco. Famous for its favorable climate, Marin County showcases many cultural and natural attractions. San Rafael offers a lively urban environment while retaining the ease and comfort of small-town life.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/CMSA-Admin-Services-Manager-Brochure.pdf
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and five work related references, at least three of which are current or prior supervisors (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) to: https://koffassociates.com/admin-services-mgr-cmsa/.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter at: email@example.com or at 510-901-0044.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.
To apply for this job please visit koffassociates.com.