Website City of Campbell
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of responsible technical and clerical duties relating to the functions of the City Clerk’s Office; to process and record official City documents; to assume the duties of the City Clerk in that official’s absence; and to do related work as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Is committed to public service.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, with a focus on internal and external customer service.
- Have at least six years of increasingly responsible office management experience, interpretation of laws, regulations, the Brown Act and extensive public contact.
- Public sector experience is desirable.
- Experience in a City Clerk’s Office and Municipal Clerk related training is highly desirable.
- Experience in core areas of the City Clerk’s Office with a local California agency.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment.
- Poise to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Willingness to be a valuable team player and accept the responsibility to help the City achieve its goals.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office Suite and specialized systems and software, such as web content management, scheduling, agenda management, and document imaging systems.
- A valid California Drivers’ License and satisfactory driving record are required.
Typical Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of technical and general clerical duties for the City Clerk’s Office which involve the use of independent judgment and a thorough knowledge of the functions of the Clerk’s Office and City operations;
Processes, records, and files City documents including agendas, resolutions, ordinances, petitions, contracts, and deeds;
- Composes correspondence;
- Conducts record research projects as assigned;
- Processes public records requests;
- Assists with the administration of elections and legal notifications;
- Assists with recruitments of various City boards and commissions;
- Maintains City agreements log and Municipal Code;
- Assemble and distributes materials for City Council meetings;
- Operates a variety of office equipment including personal computers;
- Postage mailing machine and, in the City Clerk’s absence, performs duties such as attending City Council meetings, preparing minutes and supervising office staff; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Acquire and apply a thorough knowledge of the Ralph M. Brown Act and functions and policies of the City Clerk’s Office and the City;
- Interpret and apply California Elections Code requirements;
- Organize and research a variety of documents in an accurate manner;
- Deal with the public and fellow employees effectively;
- Work protracted hours;
- Follow verbal and written instructions;
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment;
- Accurately input a variety of material on a computer keyboard at a rate that satisfies the needs of the office;
- Take dictation at a rate that satisfies the needs of the office may also be required;
- Operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer;
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk or in meetings for long periods of time;
- Twist and reach office equipment;
- Stand, walk, bend, climb, or squat;
- Write and use keyboard to communicate through written means;
- Lift or carry weight of 20 pounds or less; and
- Use a computer, calculator, telephone, facsimile machine, photocopy machine, and microfilm reader printer.
- Modern office management;
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database software;
- Record retention systems;
- Correspondence procedures;
- Correct English usage and spelling; and
- As appropriate, basic principles of supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade and
- Experience: Six years of increasingly responsible staff support experience, including extensive public contact. If required, substantive stenographic experience.
Possession of a valid California Driver’s License may be required.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE
Close: February 17, 2023 at 5:00pm
Screening: March 1-3, 2023
Oral Board: March 22, 2023
For questions regarding this recruitment, please call City of Campbell Human Resources at 408-866-2122 or email HR@campbellca.gov
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.