Website City of Fairfield
JOB TITLE: Transit Operations Manager
AGENCY: City of Fairfield
LOCATION: Fairfield, CA
FILING DEADLINE: December 13, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $111,638.59—$135,696.91 (Annually)
The City of Fairfield Public Works Department, Transportation Division is recruiting for the exciting and challenging position of Transit Operations Manager. The recruitment will establish an eligibility list to fill the current role.
The Transit Operations Manager works in the Transportation Division (Transit Operations) of the Public Works Department to perform a wide variety of responsible professional work associated with the City’s Public Transit Programs. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, and forward-thinking leader with significant operations and planning experience.
The role includes monitoring customer service operations, leading a team of technicians and planners, and ensuring properly trained staffing. Receives direction and supervision from the Transportation Manager and/or Director of Public Works. Exercises direct supervision over professional, supervisory, technical, clerical, and contract personnel.
Work is performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions, deadlines, complaints, and peak workload periods. Work may also be required in the field, such as reviewing bus stops, bus routes, and accident sites. The position may require working nights and weekends, depending upon workload. Work may include prolonged sitting and standing, as well as light to moderate lifting, reaching, stooping, pulling and manual dexterity. Clear understandable speech, visual and hearing acuity are also required.
· Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a municipal transit program.
· Principles and practices of transit planning as well as public/private transportation issues.
· State, regional, and local transportation agencies.
· Principles of budget preparation and control.
· Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
· Basic methods of program development.
· Communicate and express ideas and information clearly (verbally and in writing), write performance evaluations, memos and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and the ability to make verbal presentations to boards and committees.
· Perform responsible and professional administrative work involving use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
· Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records.
· Ensure compliance with FTA regulations.
· Lead and motivate staff.
· Exhibits effective organizational, analytical and confidentiality skills.
· Plan, implement and manage multiple projects.
· Assist with budget development.
· Demonstrate excellent communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Analyze data and prepare reports and action plans.
· Understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
· Interact professionally and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, coworkers, government officials, other local, regional, State and Federal government officials, and the public.
· Work with a personal computer in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and database programming / management skills.
· Manage the headsign management software, automatic vehicle location/GPS systems, data management and transit-scheduling software.
· Five (5) years of responsible supervisory and administrative experience in performing analytical and administrative duties in the area of program management, preferably in transit operations and/or transit planning, is required.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in transportation planning, business or public administration, or a related field is required.
· Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License is required. Possession of a valid equivalent is acceptable during the application process.
Click here to view the complete job description.
To apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfield/jobs/4272615/operations-manager-transit.
The City of Fairfield is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.