City of Fremont
The City of Fremont’s City Clerk’s Office is recruiting for Assistant City Clerk.
This position will remain open until filled. The first review of applications is Friday, September 22, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (PT). The recruitment may close without notice after this date so interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
A resume and supplemental questionnaire (part of the online application) must be submitted with the completed City application.
Our mission is to ensure citizens’ trust in government by administering the City’s democratic processes such as open and free elections, safeguarding and providing access to City records, and ensuring that all legislative actions are transparent and known to the public; and providing information and services to support the City Council, staff, and the public. The City Clerk’s Office has a critical role in service delivery and providing effective information dissemination and communication with the public and City Council. Our responsibilities include preparing and distributing the City Council agenda, recording all proceedings of City Council meetings, maintaining and updating the Municipal Code and Council Handbook and Rules of Procedure, coordinating the City Records Management Program, and managing and conducting the elections for Mayor and City Council Members.
Examples of Duties
The Assistant City Clerk will assist in planning and organizing the daily activities and operations of the of the City Clerk’s Office division of the City Manager’s Office. Examples of responsibilities include the following:
- In the absence of the City Clerk, attends City Council, Board and Commission meetings as necessary to perform functions of the City Clerk.
- Administers the City’s Records Management Program, including appropriate control over the maintenance, protection, retention and disposition of records in accordance with legal and operational requirement.
- Plans, organizes and directs divisional activities.
- Leads clerical staff engaged in the routine processing of the City’s automated records management program.
- Participates in departmental goal setting for operational functions.
- Responsible for the organization and preparation of the City Council Agenda.
- Prepares and publishes Public Hearing Notices and publications.
- Ensures accurate, up-to-date filing of City ordinances, resolutions and minutes of the City Council.
- Oversees logistics and set up for Council meetings.
- Writes proclamations and other complex documents.
- Coordinates the publishing, indexing and distribution of Council meeting minutes and agendas.
To view a complete list of the essential functions, please view the class specification: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca/classspecs/1321253.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply for this position by submitting a completed City application, resume and supplemental questionnaire through the online application system (Government Jobs) at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.