City of Fremont
The Human Resources Department is recruiting for Human Resources Analyst I/II.
The first review of applications is Friday, September 22, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. PT. The recruitment may close without notice after this date so interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
A resume and supplemental questionnaire (part of the online application) must be submitted with the completed City application.
The Human Resources Analyst I/II performs a variety of research projects and detail-oriented project work in support of the human resources function related to related to job analysis, recruitment/selection, classification/compensation plan administration. This is an exempt, unrepresented confidential classification.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possess a passion to work in public sector human resources.
- The ability to effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently to meet established deadlines, with self-management and independent judgment.
- Experience utilizing robust HR systems: HRIS (PeopleSoft), applicant tracking system (NEOGOV) and CalPERS.
- Proficiency with modern business technology and programs: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Pro, DocuSign and Zoom.
- The ability to evaluate industry best practices, including developing creative and innovative solutions that improve outcomes and/or promote efficiency.
- Highly resourceful, innovative and possess strong customer service skills to communicate in a professional and effective manner both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to compile, analyze and present HR metrics and data from a variety of sources to make recommendations.
- Be proficient in working with City staff to provide counsel and assistance regarding a wide range of human resources issues related to recruitment, selection, classification, compensation and benefits.
- Be an action-oriented individual who shows initiative and anticipates the needs of customers to complete work projects and assignments.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities throughout the workday.
- Excel in a fast-paced, progressive and demanding work environment, which is supported by collaboration, transparency and ethics of the highest level.
- Be a highly confidential and discreet individual with experience providing professional-level Human Resources support to a public sector organization.
- Human Resources certification (e.g., SHRM, IPMA, CALPELRA) is desirable.
- Human Resources experience with a public agency is desirable.
Examples of Job Duties
- Plans, develops and administers full cycle recruitment and selection process activities.
- Conducts classification and compensation analyses, including salary and benefit surveys, and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Provides analytical support with position classification/compensation to support client departments’ hiring/staffing needs.
- Identify and implement industry best practices for hard-to-fill positions.
- Utilize social media and other recruitment advertising/marketing sources to attract and increase candidate pools.
- Implement efficiencies that will result in reducing the time to hire.
- Counsels and advises employees, supervisors and department heads on matters related to employment, promotion, classification and compensation.
- Performs administrative support duties and assists in the interpretation and application of human resources rules, policies, legislation and MOUs.
- Develop requests for proposals for recruitment and hiring needs, including, completing the analysis, evaluation and making recommendations.
- Compiles and analyzes HR recruitment metrics and data from a variety of sources and HR systems (NEOGOV and PeopleSoft) to make recommendations.
To view a complete list of the essential functions, please view the class specifications: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca/classspecs
Job Announcement URL
How to Apply
Candidates may apply for this position by submitting a completed City application, resume and supplemental questionnaire through the online application system (Government Jobs) at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.