City of Fremont
The City Manager’s Office is recruiting for two (2) Management Analyst I/II vacancies.
The second review of applications is Friday, September 15, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (PST). The recruitment may close without notice after this date so interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
A resume and supplemental questionnaire (part of the online application) must be submitted with the completed City application.
There are currently two positions available within the City Manager’s Office – one supports budget, administration and project management; the other position supports the City’s state and federal legislative affairs and communications activities.
The Management Analyst I/II position is responsible for performing varied technical, professional administrative and analytical duties in support of a broad range of the City Manager’s Office’s operations. Depending upon assignment, incumbent may support cross-departmental projects, administer assigned programs, perform research, and provide budgetary analysis. Participation in technical communications, marketing, social media and community engagement may also be a responsibility for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success analyzing data, researching a wide variety of operational, legislative, and policy topics, and providing complex analysis and report writing using advanced technology to support the implementation and modification of public service programs, policies and procedures. This position is most suitable for a strategic thinker with a strong sense of business acumen, who can easily adapt to and lead others in programmatic, legislative and organizational change initiatives. It will be important for the Management Analyst I/II candidate to possess a passion to work in public sector, coupled with exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills. Attention to detail is critical and the successful candidate must be able to handle multiple assignments at once with a customer centric philosophy.
Examples of Job Duties
Budget and Administration: The position will support the day-to-day administration of the City Manager’s Office management, including participation in the preparation of the budget; maintain appropriate budgetary controls; monitor expenditures; prepare various financial reports; prepare purchase requisitions, contracts, check requests and credit card processing.
Marketing and Social Media: The position will serve on the City’s Communications Team to develop written and digital content that promote and inform external audiences of City priorities, programs and initiatives.
- Develop content for digital media platforms, newsletters, press releases, websites and public presentations.
- Assist with the City-wide branding and community engagement campaigns.
- Manage social media content posting schedule calendar.
- Conduct research and prepare special reports, including monitoring, analyzing and communicating digital media results on a regular basis.
- Respond to community inquiries in a timely manner and enhance two-way communication between the City and community, as necessary.
- Research and implement best social media practices.
Project Management: This position will complete substantive projects in support of City Council and City Manager’s Office priorities.
- Perform project and policy analysis, which includes conducting research, preparing reports, determining and raising pertinent issues.
- Summarizing findings.
- Presenting results/recommendations.
State and Federal Legislative Affairs: This position will support the City’s state and federal legislative affairs activities.
- Monitor, review and track federal and state legislation proposals and other policy issues with a focus on the impact to the City of Fremont.
- Conduct comprehensive bill analysis, draft position letters and talking points to be shared with a variety of stakeholders.
- Advocate with legislative offices to advance City interests and represent the City at meetings and conferences.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships including non-profits, businesses, and government entities, and where appropriate participate in regional and statewide coalitions to support the interests of the City.
A complete list of essential functions can be viewed in the Management Analyst I and Management Analyst II class specification on Governmentjobs: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fremontca/classspecs
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.