Website City of Irvine
Understanding that people are the foundation for success, the City of Irvine offers a workplace culture that embraces Humility, Innovation, Empathy, Passion, and Integrity. Apply your passion for public service in the City of Irvine, nationally ranked for safety, educational institutions, business enterprises, and quality of life, by joining our One Irvine team!
The City of Irvine seeks a collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The Senior Solid Waste Management Analyst is responsible for solid waste management and environmental planning to implement citywide policies and programs while providing high-level administrative and analytical support.
This recruitment will supplement an existing eligibility list and may be used to fill future Senior Management Analyst I/II vacancies in other City departments. If you are already on an eligibility list, you do not need to reapply; your application will be considered.
- Administer and develop the citywide policies and programs, which include the solid waste program, environmental planning, and waste services consultants in compliance with Federal and State legislation.
- Develop and implement an organic waste diversion plan, technical assistance programs for local businesses and residents, and zero waste initiatives.
- Manage and develop a solid waste program budget.
- Perform and provide professional grant management, which includes CalRecycle grant programs and other funding opportunities.
- Prepare written memos, reports, and presentations for City Council, Commissions, and the public.
- Represent the department by interacting with key stakeholders, including elected officials, executive management, and members of the public.
- For additional information, please review the Senior Management Analyst job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration.
- Six years of responsible municipal management experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Policy, Public Policy, Sustainability or related is highly desirable.
- Two years of supervisory experience is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of California’s solid waste management policies and programs.
- Familiarity with managing waste hauler contracts and municipal Construction and Demolition/Recycling programs.
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service situational awareness, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to foster and develop high-performing teams and a positive work environment.
- Computer literacy with word processing, database, records management, and spreadsheet software applications.
Irvine is recognized as one of America’s Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine. The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
The Project Delivery & Sustainability Department is made up of over 45 staff dedicated to developing and building the City’s infrastructure to the standards and expectations set forth by the City Council and community. The department is composed of 5 divisions cooperating to create a highly effective team. The divisions include Administration, Project Management, Development Engineering, Great Park Projects, and Sustainability Programs. Together these divisions provide essential services designed to meet City Strategic Business Plan goals.
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.