Website City of Pacifica
The City of Pacifica, California
Invites you to apply for:
Economic Development Manager
$128,748 to $148,044 Annually + Benefits including PERS
The Economic Development Manager position is a full-time classification appointed by Assistant City Manager/Administrative Services Director. The Economic Development Manager is an exempt classification and falls under the Unrepresented Management Unit.
If you are an energetic and motivated professional with a passion for local government excellence and drive to expand a small community’s economic base and explore economic opportunities, then the City of Pacifica’s Economic Development Manager position is for you.
This position will report to Assistant City Manager, and work closely with a cohesive Executive Team, City Manager’s Office and Planning department staff, as well as staff across all departments and community stakeholders. The incumbent will also serve as a liaison to the Economic Development Committee.
Economic Development Manager will provide leadership to support a diverse business community, promote the growth and development of the City’s economic base, assist in the attraction of new businesses, as well as retention and expansion of existing businesses within the City. This position will be instrumental in completion of the Vision 2025 & Beyond project, including implementation of the recently completed Economic Opportunities Study that as well as other essential economic development projects and strategic initiatives to foster a positive business climate, promote and attract businesses and visitors to Pacifica’s sublime location.
Below is the list of the upcoming projects that the Economic Development Manager will be working on in the immediate future:
1) Implementation of Pacifica’s Economic Development Strategic Plan including but not limited to; attracting new businesses to vacant commercial sites, assisting businesses with the permit and development process, and retaining existing businesses to maintain and expand the city’s sales tax base, and any other specific strategic economic development goals as adopted by the City Council.
2) Implementation of the Economic Development Marketing Plan: continuing interactive campaigns designed to support local businesses, promoting Pacifica as a shopping and tourist destination with previously implemented programs such as Shop Pacifica, and Worksations.
3) Collaborate with Creative Digital Agency (City marketing consultant), Pacifica Hotel Business Improvement District, Chamber of Commerce, and the Pacifica Economic Development Committee on economic development programs and initiatives to prevent retail and restaurant leakage.
4) Develop pathway for Palmetto Avenue Promotion to feature Palmetto Avenue as part of the City’s revitalization efforts in boosting economic activities to highlight Palmetto Avenue as the Pacifica’s future “downtown” location, including planning and executing community events.
5) Implementation of the Economic Development aspects of the Vision 2025 & Beyond Project focusing on implementing the results and findings of the Economic Opportunity Study in all five Pacifica business districts, including specific opportunity sites.
The ideal Economic Development Manager is a self-motivated, innovative leader with excellent communication and presentation skills who develops strong relationships with business and development interests while maintaining excellent relations with community groups, City leaders and staff. The Economic Development Manager has managerial competence, maturity of judgment and strong personal leadership as well as an eye for detail while keeping the “big picture” in perspective.
The successful candidate will bring expertise, energy and enthusiasm to the position. A passion for community-building and an ability to envision future possibilities will be critical to success in this role. This is an excellent opportunity for a local government professional to make a significant impact, as well as to build experience in a dynamic City Manager’s Office.
You are encouraged to apply if you possess experience in economic development, community visioning, retail and commercial development, and marketing/marketing research. Some exposure to an economic development corporation, private industry council, and a private development or economic development agency is also preferred.
The City offers a comprehensive and competitive salary range and benefit package.
Salary range: The salary range for the Economic Development Manager is $128,748 to $148,044 per year, depending upon the qualifications.
Retirement: 2.5% @ 55 CalPERS (classic); and 2% @ 62 for employees new to the CalPERS system.
Health Insurance: CalPERS Medical Plans including up to 100% employer covered premiums for certain plans.
Dental Coverage: City has a self-funded dental plan (Delta) that typically covers 100% paid premiums of dental expenses and $2,000 in orthodontic benefits.
Vacation Leave: 15 to 27 days annually (dependent on tenure).
Administrative Leave: 72 hours per year (no cash value).
Sick Leave: 12 days accrued annually.
Holidays: 11 paid holidays annually and 2 floating holidays.
Deferred Compensation: choice of three plans.
Long-term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance: City paid.
Tuition Reimbursement: $2,000 annually
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please visit: Calopps.org
Complete the application, attach your resume and cover letter.
Please do not hesitate to contact Yulia Carter, Assistant City Manager/Finance/Administrative Services Director at (650) 738-7301 if you have any questions regarding this position or recruitment process.
The filing deadline is March 26, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. To be considered, please submit your cover letter, application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire information at:
Following the review of applications all candidates will be advised of their status, and those selected as finalists will be scheduled for interviews the week of April 3, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.calopps.org.