Website City of Pasadena
JOB TITLE: Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services
AGENCY: City of Pasadena
LOCATION: Pasadena, CA
FILING DEADLINE: June 9, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $186,288.00 – $232,860.00 DOE
The Director of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is responsible for the maintenance, development and administration of programs and operations of City parks and open space, recreation and community centers, recreation programming, and community services in a diverse and multicultural community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, fair, and culturally aware recreation and community services professional. This position requires thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of parks maintenance and open space management, recreation operations, and community services programs and procedures. The successful candidate will have a solid background in performance measurements, public administration and governmental structures and operations, program development and administration, budget preparation, internal controls and management, and collaborative and effective communication skills. This position requires solid leadership with excellent interpersonal skills, responsiveness, approachability and effective public relations skills. The selected candidate must have a proven track record and can demonstrate the ability to work positively and effectively with staff, develop talent, and promote positive morale and develop a team-oriented working environment.
Key Attributes and Characteristics
· A solid role model with a positive presence who values diversity, demonstrates initiative, is action-oriented, exercises good judgement, treats others with respect, and is open and approachable.
· Able to lead and inspire trust from a diverse and passionate group of staff, volunteers and community members.
· A skill set in analyzing problems, and identifying solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implementing processes and procedures in support of departmental goals.
· A leader who can blend innovation and creativity, think outside the box, can creatively move the department in a positive direction, or next step, while acknowledging and responding to its challenges.
· Able to plan, analyze and evaluate programs and services, operational needs, and fiscal constraints.
· A good-natured and approachable leader who is visible and actively engaged within the organization to ensure quality customer service.
· The ability to have fun and develop congenial relationships with colleagues, and build the community experience and the parks, recreation, and community services environment.
The City of Pasadena is located in the west foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, approximately 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Incorporated in 1886, Pasadena is an ethnically and economically diverse and culturally rich community of residents who enjoy the City’s high quality of life and wide variety of services for virtually every age and lifestyle. With a population of approximately 140,000, Pasadena is nationally recognized as a destination City for employment, tourism, education, living, arts & entertainment, and innovation. Pasadena is often ranked among the nation’s “Top Ten” small- to mid-sized cities in many categories, most notably livability and quality of life. The City takes immense pride in maintaining its historic character and high standard of living while working toward a sustainable future with the right balance of commercial, residential, and retail development.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Rev3-Pasadena-DPRCS.pdf
To be considered, please electronically submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of five professional references (references will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) to: https://koffassociates.com/director-of-parks-recreation-community-services/
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed.
For additional information, please contact:
Phone (510) 495-0448
To learn more about the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, go to: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/parksand-rec/
To apply for this job please visit koffassociates.com.