Website City of Rocklin
The City of Rocklin is looking for a seasoned IT professional with a passion for leading teams, driving innovation, and transforming City services through technology. The IT Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the City’s strategies and ensuring alignment with the City’s mission and objectives. This position will oversee and mentor a team of skilled IT professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture, but also actively participating in the day-to-day operational tasks and responsibilities of the team.
The IT Manager will be responsible for the following upcoming projects:
- Developing a strategic plan for the IT division to foster transparency, increase operational efficiency, improve staff satisfaction, and to bolster trust.
- Replacing the outdated document management and retention system.
- Investing in technology that supports economic development efforts.
An example of duties are:
- Manages, directs, and organizes projects, activities, and resources for the IT Division, including but not limited to networks, servers, workstations, hardware and software utilized throughout the City, IoT, mobile and telephony infrastructure, security systems, data transmission, telecommunication systems, Geographic Information Systems and full IT support for all areas in public safety.
- Assists the Director of Administrative Services or the Deputy Director of Administrative Services in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, and work standards for the City of Rocklin departments and procedures for IT governance, security, and administration.
- Participates in the development and administration of the division budget.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and evaluates the activities of professional, technical and administrative staff; develops and manages the IT division staff including hiring, education, and training; reviews and evaluates job performance and effectively recommends personnel actions.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Services or a closely related field;
Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible infrastructure and enterprise applications management experience in an IT environment consisting of multiple platforms, large-scale applications with multiple operating systems which included a minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Licenses and Certifications
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California Class C Driver License and a satisfactory driving record is required. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications are highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com