Website City of San Jose, Community Energy Department
Live, Work, Empower San Jose
Recruitment Deadline: Monday, April 10, 2023
Salary Information: The total annual salary range for a Power Resources Specialist I is $93,868.32 – $114,397.92.The total annual salary range for a Power Resources Specialist II is: $102,145.68 – $124,444.32. These ranges include an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable pay. Actual pay shall be determined by the candidates’ qualifications and
The Department is seeking to fill one full-time Energy Rates Specialist (Power Resources Specialist I/II) position to support the Account Management, Marketing and Public Affairs Division. This position will report to the Deputy Director overseeing the Account Management, Marketing and Public Affairs Division.
This division is responsible for customer care, billing, marketing and customer outreach, and community programs for San José Clean Energy. This position will perform a number of analytical functions related to customer rates and electricity usage. The ideal candidates should be well versed in PG&E rate structures including residential and commercial rate schedules and have strong analytical skills.
Duties include the following but are not limited to:
– Analyze customer electricity usage and impact of rate changes;
– Analyze revenue collection compared with plan;
– Participate in development of rates based on cost of service;
– Support division with analysis of financial and greenhouse gas emission impacts of decisions on new product offerings;
– Performing data analysis and visualization to help inform decision-making;
– Provide financial analysis on impact of alternative contract structures with customers;
– Provide quantitative analysis support for City Council and Community Advisory Commission presentations;
– Help develop tools and processes to analyze the potential impact of alternative rate structures (e.g., new time of use variants, low-income discounts, etc.);
– Supporting engagement with large commercial and industrial energy users, including rate analysis and programs such as EV charging infrastructure;
– Lead and/or participate in preparation of bids and specifications, and monitoring the timely fulfillment of deliverables by consultants and service providers;
– Perform other related duties as required.
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
Link to City of San Jose employment website, under “Browse City Jobs”-
Link to job announcement: https://sanjoseca.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300243&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org