City of San Jose, Community Energy Department
Marketing and Communications Manager (Public Information Manager)
Posting Period: 6/7/22 – 7/12/22
Salary: $ 124,044.10- $ 151,825.46. In addition to the starting salary, employees in this classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) on-going non-pensionable pay. The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The City of San Jose’s Community Energy Department is seeking to fill one (1) full-time Marketing and Communications Manager (Public Information Manager) position in the Account Management, Marketing, and Public Affairs Division. This advanced customer experience and communications position reports directly to the Deputy Director and will manage an existing Marketing and Communications team.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will serve as an expert to ensure San José Clean Energy follows a customer-centric approach to deliver an excellent customer experience. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also serve as the spokesperson for the Community Energy Department and manage internal and external communications. The ideal candidate will have a strategic outlook to align customer experience with organization objectives; a data-driven mindset to measure and track improvements; expertise in communication and storytelling to explain complex ideas and courses of action; and robust background in writing, community relations, marketing campaigns, and project management. Complex energy issues need to be clearly communicated to the public. This position will utilize strong industry experience to develop specialized marketing and behavior change campaigns, focus groups, and other community relations efforts to effectively serve all customers and improve service to traditionally marginalized communities.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead the department’s Marketing and Communications team to provide community outreach and engagement efforts. Typical duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
· Build and manage strategic communication channels to reach diverse customer segments and stakeholders including websites, digital newsletters, social media, blogs, email, and direct mail.
· Optimize marketing to drive customer participation in products, programs, and services to decarbonize and achieve ambitious renewable energy and climate action goals.
· Conduct analysis of customer journeys to streamline processes, increase customer satisfaction, and build consensus among community advocates toward a clean energy future.
· Present to community and customer groups.
· Write and edit internal and external communications including press releases for media outlet distribution and op-eds.
· Respond to requests for information from media outlets and other stakeholders.
· Maintain and uphold the department’s public relations including collateral, logo, and brand materials.
· Support the department’s legislative policy campaigns.
· Oversee communication compliance with regulatory requirements, including customer notifications.
· Contribute to City Council memos and presentations.
· Develop and manage campaign budgets.
· Supervise and coach a team of communication professionals.
· Coordinate with the City’s Emergency Operations Center when needed.
· Other projects and assignments as requested.
For more information regarding this exciting opportunity:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org