Website City of Santa Clara
Account Clerk II
The City of Santa Clara’s Electric Department, Silicon Valley Power (SVP) provides reliable electric service to Santa Clara’s residents and businesses – “Powering the Center of What’s Possible”. SVP is experiencing significant growth in electric load and the need to increase use of renewable energy. To support this growth and the day-to-day needs of a 24X7 department, SVP is seeking an Account Clerk in the Business Services Division supporting all of SVP in processing of high volume of Accounts Payable and related activities such as Purchasing. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to get involved in a variety of types of financial transactions while learning more about City financial activities and an electric utility. The ideal candidate will process a high volume of financial items while evaluating compliance with City’s policies and guidelines.
The Account Clerk II is the journey level classification in the Account Clerk series. This classification processes and keeps records of financial transactions related to department projects, payroll, and the operating budget for the purpose of achieving fiscal responsibility and accountability for their department. This classification is distinguished from the Account Clerk I in that the latter is an entry-level classification performing routine duties of limited variety. This classification is distinguished from the Account Clerk III in that the latter is a lead position requiring a greater degree of technical knowledge, analytical ability, independent judgment, and the ability to supervise assigned personnel.
Each position in this classification may not include all the duties listed below, nor do the examples cover all duties that may be performed.
Under general supervision:
• Maintains journals and ledgers of financial transactions, including revenue and expenditure accounts
• Prepares financial or statistical statements and reports
• Makes arithmetical calculations
• Classifies, collects, sorts, compiles and posts invoices, warrants, claims, receipts and other data
• Verifies salary claims, computes and proves payroll deductions, prepares the City payroll, and maintains department payroll records
• Prepares contractor progress payments
• Establishes and updates project budgets
• Maintains monthly budget status
• Maintains status report of contracts and insurance
• Prepares account receivable records for reimbursable funds
• Establishes and maintains records and maintenance contracts for office equipment
• Calculates and analyzes industrial utility bills
• Prepares requisitions and purchase orders; matches requisitions; receives copies of purchase orders and vendor invoices to verify description, quantity, price, extension, discounts, freight and taxes
• Provides information to the public
• Operates adding, calculating, bookkeeping, and other office machines
• May supervise clerical assistants
• Performs other related work as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Graduation from high school or possession of a GED; and
· Two years of experience in financial record keeping work.
· Experience with electronic spreadsheet, on-line financial system, or similar computer program is required.
· Possession of an appropriate, valid California driver’s license is required.
· Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job assignment.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofsantaclaraca/jobs/4054288/account-clerk-ii
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.