Website City of Tracy
Your next exciting career opportunity awaits you! The City is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who excels in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment with a strong background in project management to join our team! The incumbent in this position will have the opportunity to work on numerous exciting projects that will make impact on the City of Tracy community. There is currently one (1) vacancy in the Parks & Recreation Department. Responsibilities include coordinating and managing activities related to the design, construction and renovation of the parks, sports fields, street landscapes and related recreational facilities, including the Parks Capital Improvement Plan and related capital projects.
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and assist with park and landscape development projects including media contact/interaction, administration of contracts with consultants/contractors, management of outside consultants in the preparation of construction documents and cost estimates; assist with administration of construction projects, including project budgets, permitting and field inspections.
- Prepare and manage federal, state, and county grant applications for assigned projects.
- Attend, prepare and present staff reports and informational items to City Council, Parks Commission, Planning Commission, and other commissions and boards as assigned. Coordinate and conduct public and internal meetings regarding the design and development of new/renovated parks, sports and recreational facilities; respond to complaints.
- Design and inspect playground equipment for compliance with safety and accessibility requirements, including ADA requirements.
- Plan review of municipal landscape and irrigation projects prepared by outside consultants.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, parks and recreation administration, ornamental or environmental horticulture, public administration, community development or related field and two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in capital improvement program management including planning, design and development of parks and recreation facilities, streetscapes, and/or landscape construction. Possession of valid registration as a Landscape Architect with the State of California and a Landscape Designer certificate are highly desirable. Possession of a valid Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) Certification is highly desirable. May be required to complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) Training.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022 @ 3:00 p.m.
Tentative Oral Board Examination (Virtual): July 13, 2022
Applicants must submit an official City of Tracy application by the final filing date. To apply and view the complete job description requirements and benefit information, please visit www.cityoftracyjobs.com. A limited number of applicants that best meet the need of the City will be invited to participate in the selection process. The City of Tracy has the right to modify the selection process at any time. The City of Tracy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prior to appointment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to and successfully pass a background which will include fingerprinting. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment process, please contact Naydee Rosette, at email@example.com or (209) 831-6157.
To apply for this job please visit www.cityoftracyjobs.com.