Website County of Placer
The Health and Human Services Department – Public Health Division, is currently hiring for the position of Senior Public Health Nurse.
This position performs public health nursing duties in an assigned program, project, or district and/or conduct a specialized public health program or training; instructs adults and children in accepted health practices, including prevention and control of disease; and exercises technical and functional supervision over professional, technical, and clerical staff.
Position assignments may include any of the following areas:
- Maternal, Child, & Adolescent Health
- Adult and Elderly In-Home Visitation Case Management
- California Children’s Services (CCS)
- Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Foster Care
- Communicable Disease Control
Experience: Two (2) years of responsible public health nursing experience performing duties similar to a Public Health Nurse – II with Placer County.
Training: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in nursing. Incumbents in this classification who are assigned to a position allocated as bilingual, requiring the use of a second language, will be required to be proficient in the verbal, written and interpretive skills of the specified language.
Required License or Certificate:
- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Possession of a valid certificate as a Certified Public Health Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- May need to possess a valid driver’s license as required by the position. Proof of adequate vehicle insurance and medical clearance may also be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.