County of Placer
Are you passionate about health promotion? Consider serving the community as a Public Health Nurse in a non-hospital setting!
The Department of Health and Human Services – Public Health Division is currently recruiting for the positions of Public Health Nurse I and Public Health Nurse II.
The eligible lists resulting from these recruitments will be used to fill current and future permanent and/or extra help/temporary vacancies in various assignment areas within Public Health.
Position assignments may include any of the following areas:
- Maternal, Child, & Adolescent Health
- Adult and Elderly In-Home Visitation Case Management
- California Children’s Services (CCS)
- Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Foster Care
- Communicable Disease Control
Placer County offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees, including:
- Holidays: 14 paid holidays per year, 2 of which are floating holidays*
- Vacation leave: 10 days/year with ability to accrue 25 days/year
- Sick leave: 12 days/year*
- Cafeteria plan: 6% of employee’s salary will be contributed towards employee to use towards 401(k), dependent care, medical co-insurance, or cash
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available for employees and dependents
- $50,000 life insurance policy at no cost to employee
- CalPERS retirement plans
- Retiree medical insurance
- Deferred compensation
- Education allowance: up to $1,200 per year
- Bilingual incentive: incumbents may be eligible for bilingual incentive pay depending upon operational needs and certification of proficiency.
*Amounts will be prorated for part-time employees and employees hired after the first of the year.
PHN I: $36.45 – $45.52/hour; $6,318.00 – $7,890.13/month; $75,816.00 – $94,681.60/year
PHN II: $40.19 – $50.19/hour; $6,966.27 – $8,699.60/month; $83,595.20 – $104,395.20/year
This position is scheduled to receive a general wage increase of 4% in July 2023 and an additional 4% in July 2024.
Upon successful completion of a foreign language proficiency exam, an additional 5% bilingual pay will be paid to employees who use a second language on a regular basis in the normal course of business.
Please go to our website for more information on this excellent opportunity and to watch a video to see what a day in the life of a Public Health Nurse in Placer County is like.
Placer County is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobapscloud.com.