Fish and Wildlife Technician I – Extra-Help
$25.51 – $31.02/Hourly*
The Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water) is hiring multiple temporary, extra-help Fish and Wildlife Technicians. Starting pay will be $25.51/hour. Typical shifts are from Monday through Friday, with some weekend work required. Most work occurs outdoors in April and May and continues through late fall.
Fish and Wildlife Technicians in the Environmental Resources Division primarily focus on fish and wildlife biology in streams, rivers, and estuaries. These positions support and assist senior staff in the development, implementation, and management of fish and wildlife populations and habitat monitoring programs. Typical responsibilities include:
– Monitoring fisheries using methods such as downstream migrant trapping, electrofishing, snorkeling, spawner surveys, and video monitoring
– Sandbar surveying and pinniped monitoring to assist estuary management
– Conducting physical habitat, geomorphic, and hydrologic monitoring using field survey tools, flow meters, and drones
– Water quality and algae monitoring
– Performing restoration tasks such as planting and site maintenance
Temporary, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of one calendar year. These employees must be off of work for three months before they can be re-employed on an extra help basis.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.