Website East Bay Regional Park District
Information Services Support Technician
East Bay Regional Park District
Salary: $7,816.25 – $8,844.88 Monthly
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hrs)
Job Number: 23-GB-24
Location: Oakland, CA
Closing: 12/1/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) is a full-service governmental agency stewarding a metropolitan system of public open space parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties east of the San Francisco Bay. EBRPD spans across 125,000 acres in 73 regional parks, including over 1,250 miles of trails that are enjoyed by over 25 million visitors and the community per year. The Park District acquires, manages, and preserves natural and cultural resources for everyone to enjoy now and forever to experience nature nearby.
EBRPD preserves a rich heritage of natural and cultural resources and provides open space, parks, trails, safe and healthful recreation and environmental education. An environmental ethic guides the District in all of its activities.
• Respect – We honor the land we steward, each other, and the park visitors we serve.
• Resilience – We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
• Relationships – Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability, and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
• Responsiveness – We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
• Transparency – We hold the public’s trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.
WHY WORK FOR EBRPD?
• Working with a purpose for a better world today and for future generations through the preservation of open space, public access to the outdoors, and a commitment to the conservation of the natural world found east of the San Francisco Bay across 33 cities in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
• A community of colleagues who are passionate about public service and the East Bay Regional Park District, the communities it serves, and its mission.
• Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, and pension benefits through California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Click https://www.ebparks.org/sites/default/files/EBRPD-2021-Benefits-Matrix-06-24-2021.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/ for details regarding additional benefits.
• Tuition reimbursement and professional development.
• Free on-site parking.
• Free parking permit for EBRPD parks (for up to 2 privately owned vehicles)
• Employee discounts for certain EBRPD park amenities (reservations, daily fishing permit, public boat launch).
The Park District is currently recruiting for an Information Services Support Technician located at the Park District’s Administrative Office, 2950 Peralta Oaks Ct., Oakland. The hiring pools established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancies and additional vacancies that may occur during the one-year life of the hiring pools.
SALARY RANGE: The starting pay for this position will be at Step A of the salary range.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Under general supervision provides a variety of computer, peripheral, and user support in a networked environment; analyzes and troubleshoots problems related to personal computers and computer networks; and performs related duties as assigned.
• Has knowledge of or experience supporting IT services in Public Safety Departments (Police, Fire, Dispatch, Lifeguard Services)
• Has a results-oriented mindset and passion for customer service.
• Is self-driven to learn new things and solve problems.
• Enjoys helping team build collective knowledge to better perform tasks.
• Has excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Is detail-oriented, well-organized, and has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
• Keeps abreast of on industry trends and technologies, including audio-visual system
• Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots computer hardware and software;
• Installs and configures printers, scanners and other peripherals;
• Maintains a support response system with a high degree of focus on customer service;
• Responds to user’s computer related problems and develops solutions in a timely and helpful manner;
• Diagnoses hardware and software problems and implements corrective action;
• Ensures information services policies and procedures are adhered to;
• Performs network administration duties;
• Performs support of third-party software applications;
• Performs system administration duties including account creation, troubleshooting, file management, passwords, and email;
• Provides product consultation and advice to other Park District staff;
• Assists with technical and administrative projects related to the Park District’s IT program;
• Assists in the implementation of new or revised computer systems;
• Researches applications and hardware, and recommends software and equipment needs for end users;
• Orders and picks up parts and supplies, maintains computer (hardware and software) inventories and replacement schedules;
• Serves as backup for creating active directory accounts;
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science or a related field,
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in technical support of desktop hardware and software. Experience in a networked environment is desirable.
License or Certificate: Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License a condition of initial and continued employment in this classification.
Substitution(s): Completion of a major certification program such as Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or a related certification training program may substitute a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
• All East Bay Park Regional District employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
• Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License is a condition of initial and continued employment.
• The selected candidate must pass the Park District’s Level 2 background check, which consists of Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprinting, FBI fingerprinting, professional references, and education verification. Pursuant to the Federal Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, all hired applicants will be required to provide proof of identity and appropriate work authorization documents prior to commencement of employment.
• This position may be required to respond and assist in the event of a major system outage as needed and may be required to work unusual hours.
AFSCME: East Bay Regional Parks Employees, Local 2428, American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO, represents this classification. Wages, hours, and other terms of conditions of employment are covered in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Park District and Local 2428. The probationary period for this classification is nine (9) months.
Application materials for these positions consist of two (2) required parts:
• A current East Bay Regional Park District application submitted online, and
• Completed supplemental questionsApply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least one (1) hour to submit your application if you are a new user to the system. If you have previously applied to a position on GovernmentJobs.com, please allow time to update your existing profile. Applications are accepted online only. Our online application system is provided by NeoGov. If you encounter problems while applying online, please contact NeoGov Help Desk toll-free at (855) 524-5627.
Notification: All applicants will be notified of the status of their application via email, generally within two to three weeks after the closing date. You may also sign into your GovernmentJobs.com account to view your current application status and notifications.
Selection Process: The application materials for all applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be reviewed by a screening panel to select the best qualified for testing or oral examination/interview. The District reserves the right to set up a written test, performance test, and/or other assessment procedures before or after the interview process. Possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview or invitation to test. Pursuant to the Federal Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, all applicants who are hired will be required to provide proof of identity and appropriate work authorization documents prior to commencement of employment.
Special Testing Arrangements: If you require special arrangements due to a verified disability or medical condition, please contact the Human Resources Department at (510) 544-2154 at least five business days before the test.
Tentative Date of Onsite Interviews:December or early JanuaryEqual Opportunity Employer:
The East Bay Regional Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects a diverse workforce and community. It is committed to promoting an equitable and inclusive workspace that is welcoming to all. Applicants from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4778127
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.