Website East Bay Regional Park District
Senior Information Services Support Technician
East Bay Regional Park District
Salary: $8,628.75 – $9,763.00 Monthly
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hrs)
Job Number: 23-GB-25
Location: Oakland, CA
Department: INFORMATION SERVICES
Closing: 11/29/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
The East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) is a full-service governmental agency stewarding a metropolitan system of public open space parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties east of the San Francisco Bay. EBRPD spans across 125,000 acres in 73 regional parks, including over 1,250 miles of trails that are enjoyed by over 25 million visitors and the community per year. The Park District acquires, manages, and preserves natural and cultural resources for everyone to enjoy now and forever to experience nature nearby.
EBRPD preserves a rich heritage of natural and cultural resources and provides open space, parks, trails, safe and healthful recreation and environmental education. An environmental ethic guides the District in all of its activities.
• Respect – We honor the land we steward, each other, and the park visitors we serve.
• Resilience – We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
• Relationships – Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability, and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
• Responsiveness – We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
• Transparency – We hold the public’s trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.
WHY WORK FOR EBRPD?
• Working with a purpose for a better world today and for future generations through the preservation of open space, public access to the outdoors, and a commitment to the conservation of the natural world found east of the San Francisco Bay across 33 cities in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
• A community of colleagues who are passionate about public service and the East Bay Regional Park District, the communities it serves, and its mission.
• Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, and pension benefits through California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Click https://www.ebparks.org/sites/default/files/EBRPD-2021-Benefits-Matrix-06-24-2021.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/ for details regarding additional benefits.
• Tuition reimbursement and professional development.
• Free on-site parking.
• Free parking permit for EBRPD parks (for up to 2 privately owned vehicles)
• Employee discounts for certain EBRPD park amenities (reservations, daily fishing permit, public boat launch).
The Park District is currently recruiting for a Senior Information Services Support Technician. The position is headquartered at the Park District’s Administrative Office, 2950 Peralta Oaks Ct., Oakland. The hiring pools established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancies and additional vacancies that may occur during the one-year life of the hiring pools.
SALARY RANGE: The starting pay for this position will be at Step A of the salary range.
Tentative Date of on-site Examinations:Panel Interviews – December 14, 2023 Selection Interviews – Week of 12/18/23 – 12/21/23
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Under direction, oversees and manages the help desk ticket system; leads, oversees, and participates in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for providing a variety of computer, peripheral, and user support in a networked environment; analyzes and troubleshoots problems related to personal computers and computer networks; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility; and performs related duties as assigned. The Sr. ISST will perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series including management of the help desk ticketing system, schedule annual replacement equipment, and manage inventories. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Has a results-oriented mindset and passion for customer service.
• Is self-driven to learn new things and solve problems.
• Enjoys helping team build collective knowledge to better perform tasks.
• Has excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Is detail-oriented, well-organized, and has the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
• Keeps abreast of on industry trends and technologies, including audio-visual system.
• Oversees and manages the help desk ticket system including prioritizing and assigning tickets to information system support staff;
• Leads, plans, trains, and reviews the work of staff responsible for performing a variety of computer, peripheral, and user support functions;
• Trains assigned employees in their areas of work including operating help desk assistance, installations and replacements methods, procedures, and techniques;
• Verifies the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications;
• Ensures adherence to safe work practices and procedures and Department policies and procedures;
• Responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner and resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner;
• Maintains inventories and replacement schedules, including estimating time, materials, and equipment required for jobs assigned, and requisitioning materials as needed;
• Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots computer hardware and software, printers, scanners, and other peripherals and implements corrective action;
• Maintains a support response system;
• Oversees and responds to user’s computer related problems and develops solutions in a timely and helpful manner;
• Performs setup and configuration of third party software applications;
• Performs system administration duties including account creation, troubleshooting, file management, passwords, and email;
• Provides product consultation and advice to other Park District staff;
• Maintains file system for data storage and sharing between end users and groups;
• Assists with technical and administrative projects related to the Park District’s IT program;
• Assists in the implementation of new or revised computer systems;
• Researches applications and hardware, and recommends software and equipment needs for end users.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science or a related field, OR
Substitution: Completion of a major certification program such as Microsoft MCSA, or a related certification training program,
Experience: Four years of experience in technical support of desktop hardware and software. Experience in a networked environment is desirable. OR
Substitution: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Principles of lead direction and training;
• Intel-based desktop hardware and software and their operating systems;
• Local area networks;
• Database languages utilized by the Park District;
• Networking concepts to apply to the configuration of printers, smartphones, tablets and other hardware and software;
• Point of sale systems and administration;
• Virtual and cloud based systems; broad range of Microsoft programs;
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Oversee and manage the help desk ticket system;
• Oversee and manage computer inventory and replacement schedules;
• Lead, organize and review the work of staff;
• Understand and apply Park District and departmental policies and procedures;
• Think clearly and act quickly and independently;
• Take initiative and apply logic and common sense to problem solving;
• Research technical materials;
• Provide and document solutions to problems;
• Follow oral and written instructions;
• Organize, prioritize, and follow up on work assignments;
• Stay technically abreast of industry trends and technologies and adapt quickly to changes in technology;
• Lift, move and carry equipment up to 50 pounds;
• Bend, stoop and crawl in tight spaces; walk and drive;
• Maintain confidentiality;
• Prepare complete and concise documentation;
• Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications;
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all levels, including a culturally diverse general public, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external customers.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• All East Bay Park Regional District employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
• Must be able to pass a Level 2 background check which includes: employment history verification, employee reference check, education or certificate verification, Department of Justice fingerprinting, and criminal history review.
• Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License is a condition of initial and continued employment.
• This position may be required to respond and assist in the event of a system outage as needed and may be required to work unusual hours.
AFSCME: East Bay Regional Parks Employees, Local 2428, American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO, represents this classification. Wages, hours, and other terms of conditions of employment are covered in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Park District and Local 2428. The probationary period for this classification is nine (9) months.
Application materials for these positions consist of two (2) required parts:
• A current East Bay Regional Park District application submitted online, and
• Completed supplemental questionsApply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least one (1) hour to submit your application if you are a new user to the system. If you have previously applied to a position on GovernmentJobs.com, please allow time to update your existing profile. Applications are accepted online only. Our online application system is provided by NeoGov. If you encounter problems while applying online, please contact NeoGov Help Desk toll-free at (855) 524-5627.
Notification: All applicants will be notified of the status of their application via email, generally within two to three weeks after the closing date. You may also sign into your GovernmentJobs.com account to view your current application status and notifications.
Selection Process: The application materials for all applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be reviewed by a screening panel to select the best qualified for testing or oral examination/interview. The District reserves the right to set up a written test, performance test, and/or other assessment procedures before or after the interview process. Possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview or invitation to test. Pursuant to the Federal Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, all applicants who are hired will be required to provide proof of identity and appropriate work authorization documents prior to commencement of employment.
Special Testing Arrangements: If you require special arrangements due to a verified disability or medical condition, please contact the Human Resources Department at (510) 544-2154 at least five business days before the test.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The East Bay Regional Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects a diverse workforce and community. It is committed to promoting an equitable and inclusive workspace that is welcoming to all. Applicants from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4778102
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.