Monterey One Water - Engineering Department
Director of Engineering
Monterey One Water – Engineering Department
Annual Salary: $235,000 to $255,000 DOE/DOQ plus additional incentives (see benefits)
Working Together to Provide Cooperative Water Solutions
Monterey One Water is seeking a highly skilled Director of Engineering (Director) with technical expertise in capital improvement projects (CIP) renewable energy and environmental regulations to lead the Engineering Department. If you’re looking to join an industry-leading organization and work at the forefront of innovation, this is the position for you! The successful candidate will be passionate about renewable energy and integrating new technologies and possess strong leadership and collaboration skills. The Director will oversee a department of 10 staff, as well as an annual operating budget of approximately $15 million. Their responsibilities will include mentoring and developing their team, selecting consultants, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations. They will also identify and pursue new technologies and grant funding opportunities, making this an excellent role for an engineering leader with a vision and passion for progress. In this pivotal role, they will lead and collaborate with local agencies on special projects and utilize their technical and leadership expertise to drive innovation that will have a lasting impact on the communities Monterey One Water serves. If you have the enthusiasm, skills, and experience to step into this exciting role — apply today!
See the full recruitment brochure here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/9202d776-5338-42d1-8009-52e759384191
THE JOB & IDEAL CANDIDATE
The key responsibility of this newly created position is strategic planning and oversight of the Department’s innovative sustainability and infrastructure projects. The Director will also foster positive relationships with regulatory agencies, and provide subject matter expertise for complex environmental laws and regulations when advising staff, executive leadership, and the Board of Directors. The Director will oversee the management of the 20-Year CIP Master Plan, play a key role in grants management, and have ultimate responsibility for an annual $15 million budget for engineering operations and Capital Improvements. They will provide vision and development opportunities for the Department’s staff, and champion a culture of excellence within their team.
The ideal Director will be a dynamic leader as well as a technical expert. To excel in this role, they will need a deep understanding of renewable energy, CIP, and environmental compliance, as well as a strong foundation in civil engineering, project management, and budget and grants management. M1W cultivates a work environment that prioritizes collaboration, integrity, and humility. The ideal candidate is a positive, productive, and communicative leader with a strong desire to be at the forefront of sustainable water solutions.
Any combination of experience and education/training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
· Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil, environmental, electrical engineering, or a related field.
· Experience: 12 years of increasingly responsible professional engineering experience in the planning, design, and construction of wastewater treatment facilities, water production and distribution, and energy management — including eight years of supervisory experience.
· Driver’s License: Possession of a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and insurable by the Agency’s insurance at the standard rate.
· Education: Master’s degree in civil, environmental, electrical engineering, or a related field.
· PE Certification: Possession of a valid certificate of registration as a Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, and/or other Professional Engineer as issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
An annual salary of $235,000 to $255,000 DOE/DOQ, plus a generous benefits package:
· Retirement: California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) Tier 2: 2% at 55. Tier 3: 2% at 62.
· Health Care Coverage
· Dental and Vision Care Coverage
· Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: 2.5 times the employee’s annual salary plus $15,000, a maximum of $400,000.
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Holidays: 13 paid holidays per year plus 1 floating holiday per year.
· Generous Vacation and Administrative Leave
· Sick Leave: 96 hours per year.
· Bereavement Leave: Up to five days per incident. Employees can use sick, vacation, or administrative leave.
· Military Leave: Temporary military leaves of absence will be granted to engage in ordered military duty.
· Additional Benefits: 3.5% education incentive for Master’s degree in a related field, moving allowance (if moving from outside of Monterey County), Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC, Deferred Compensation Plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
HOW TO APPLY: For first consideration, apply by December 8th at www.wbcpinc.com/job-board
SAVE THE DATES
Round one virtual interviews will take place on January 5th. Finalists will move forward to round two in-person interviews on January 18th. Selected candidates must be available for both dates.
Please contact your recruiter, Lauren Gerson, with any questions:
· 866-929-WBCP (9229) toll free
· 541-664-0376 (direct)
To apply for this job please visit wbcp.applicantpool.com.