Website Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Director
AGENCY: Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District
LOCATION: Garden Grove, CA
FILING DEADLINE: June 16, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $112,486 – $139,720 Annually
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, manages, and provides administrative direction and oversight for all functions and activities of the Human Resources Department, including human resources administration, risk management, and employee relations; directs and administers comprehensive human resources programs and activities of the District, which include recruitment and selection, employee benefits administration, job analysis and classification, compensation, labor negotiations, employee development, engagement and training, and general human resources administration; formulates departmental policies, goals, and directives; coordinates assigned activities with other District departments, officials, outside agencies, and the public; fosters cooperative working relationships among District departments and with intergovernmental and regulatory agencies, and various public and private groups; provides highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the District Manager in areas of expertise; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence related to assigned activities and services; and performs related work as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to developing robust and long-lasting working relationships with their staff, all department personnel, and the Board. A person of the utmost integrity who exhibits a commitment to collaboration yet maintains an assertive balance when asked for assistance. The ideal candidate will have experience as a working manager in all areas of human resources in the public sector.
The successful candidate will be a working leader focused on providing customer service to District employees promptly and efficiently. The ability to attract and retain talent, train and develop, cultivate diversity and inclusion, and develop employee engagement programs is paramount.
· Provide administrative and professional leadership for the Department and District.
· Represent the District effectively in negotiations and other dealings with the employee representatives on a variety of issues.
· Identify and respond to issues, concerns, and requests from employees, the association, executive team members, the District Board, and the represented community.
· Effectively represent the District and the department in meetings with governmental agencies, contractors, vendors, and various business and professional, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
· Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation and supervision of staff.
· Principles, practices, methods, and techniques of planning, developing, and administering risk management and loss control programs, particularly related to ensuring adequate general and financial liability protection.
· Principles and practices of labor/management relations, including negotiation and contract administration techniques.
· Principles, practices, and techniques of human resources in a public agency setting, including recruitment, selection, equal employment opportunity, and employee orientation; job analysis and classification; compensation and benefits analysis and administration; risk management, worker’s compensation, and occupational safety.
The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District (District) is a special district and is one of over 100 agencies statewide specifically dedicated to protecting public health by controlling rats, flies, mosquitoes, Red Imported Fire Ants and other vector-related problems.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/OC-VECTOR-HR-DIRECTOR-BROCHURE.pdf.
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and five work-related references, at least three of which are current or prior supervisors (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) at: https://koffassociates.com/ocmvcd-hr-director/.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment, please get in touch with the recruiter below:
Joshua Boudreaux, MPA
To apply for this job please visit koffassociates.com.