Website City of San Jose, Community Energy Department
The City of San Jose’s Community Energy Department is seeking to fill one (1) full-time Power Resources Specialist II (Financial Risk Analyst) position to support the Risk Management and Contracts Administration Division. The ideal candidates are skilled and highly motivated individuals, with creative problem-solving skills. This position will be part of a fast-paced team, often working on multiple high-priority projects and short deadlines. Good judgment, initiative, and cooperation with other staff and outside stakeholders will be an asset to this position.
This position will report to the Risk Management and Contracts Administration Division Manager and support evaluation of the department’s risk profile. Under general supervision, this position will support a variety of risk management functions related to the department’s energy portfolio and financial performance. The Risk Management and Contracts Administration Division is responsible for providing independent oversight of the risks assumed in the course of transacting for energy products and services as well as ensuring compliance with adopted risk management policies and procedures. This unit also provides strategic support to facilitate the development and execution of various non-energy contracts, tracks signed energy contracts, and manages the invoicing process.
Duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Conduct financial analysis to identify and scrutinize potential risks that will have an impact on the financial performance and condition of the business;
- Develop and maintain financial models to simulate scenarios of business decisions and evaluate impact on financial performance;
- Build and maintain business intelligence dashboards and data visualization tools to inform decision making and facilitate risk monitoring;
- Perform analysis to support development of strategies to optimize power portfolio of over $1 billion and mitigate associated risks;
- Support development of risk strategies and credit guidelines that drive portfolio growth while ensuring that portfolio operates within boundaries of acceptable risk;
- Compile reports, summaries and presentations to communicate findings to management;
- Provide analytical support for power supply audits and analysis of power purchases and sale agreements;
- Verify that power supply agreements are authorized and executed appropriately and resolve contracting issues;
- Approve energy purchases subject to the risk management policies and regulations;
- Provide analysis on emerging technological and procurement options for supply (e.g. distributed energy resources, renewable or storage technologies.);
- Perform other related duties as required.
The current salary range for Power Resources Specialist II is: $93,100.80 – $113,422.40 Yearly. The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Power Resources Specialist II classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
This recruitment will close as soon as the position is filled.
For more information regarding this exciting opportunity:
To apply for this job please visit www.sanjoseca.gov.