City of Fort Bragg
The City of Fort Bragg is recruiting for a Treatment Plant Operator II. The position operations and maintains the Surface Water Treatment Plant (SWTP) and Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) facilities and associated equipment, including Distribution Booster station and six Wastewater lift stations. Performs inspections, repair work and various reports and operations log. Collects and analyzes samples for water quality and regulatory requirements. This is a full-time regular position with the full benefits package, including CalPERS pension. This position is considered a “first responder” during emergency conditions (so candidates must live (or be able to relocate within a reasonable timeframe) within thirty miles of the City’s Corporation Yard. The pay range for this position is $52,852 to $64,230 annually. To learn more and how to apply, please have candidates go to: https://city.fortbragg.com/212/Job-Openings.
The minimum qualifications/experience is listed below.
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma; and
- Possession of a valid Class C or higher California driver’s license.
- T2 Water Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- D2 Distribution Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within 12 months.
- One year experience performing the duties of a Water Treatment Plant Operator, and
- One Year experience performing the duties of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator based on the certified requirements; and/or
- Chief Plant Operators will verify competence in each area of importance.
The position is listed at the City’s job listing page: https://fortbragg.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
To apply for this job please visit fortbragg.applicantpro.com.