Website Valley Sanitary District
JOB TITLE: General Manager
AGENCY: Valley Sanitary District
LOCATION: Indio, CA
FILING DEADLINE: April 3, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $215,000- $300,000 Annually
The General Manager will be responsible for the daily management and oversight of the District, including working closely with the various department and program directors, as well as with other external agencies and stakeholders. Under general policy guidance from the Board of Directors, the General Manager oversees, reviews, and evaluates Administration, Engineering, Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Customer Service, and Community Relations; ensures that services and operations are delivered in an efficient and effective manner; and also acts as principal advisor to the Board.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader that will understand the needs of the local community and how to best position VSD to serve those needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers at all levels. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to work with the District’s Board of Directors, staff, and community to make a difference in the future growth, stability, and future success of VSD.
Solid knowledge of Engineering is crucial for oversight of future investment in infrastructure, including: treatment facilities, sewer collection facilities, ground and buildings which are divided into the following five (5) major areas:
· Buildings, Facilities & Pump Stations
· Treatment Facilities Upgrades
· Recycled / Reclaimed Water Facility
· Sewer Collection System Infrastructure Project
· Energy Systems Projects
Key Competencies and Characteristics
· A solid leader and role model with a positive presence who demonstrates initiative, is action-oriented, exercises good judgment, treats others with respect, and is open and approachable.
· A relationship builder committed to excellence with a strong customer service ethic and the ability to empower employees while also holding them accountable.
· A dynamic leader who understands theory, principles, practices and techniques of organization design and development, public administration, public financing, financial management and long-range planning as they apply to a large, complex public water reclamation utility.
· A subject matter expert who is experienced in principles, practices and techniques involved in the construction, maintenance and operation of a large, complex water reclamation system.
Located in Indio, California, Valley Sanitary District (VSD) has served the City of Indio, the City of Coachella, and adjacent unincorporated areas of Riverside County, California since 1925. Through VSD’s growth, the mission has remained the same, to serve and benefit Indio and the surrounding communities by collecting, treating, and recycling wastewater to ensure a healthy environment and sustainable water supply. The District provides sanitary sewer services to approximately 28,028 connections within its 19.5 square mile service area and is overseen by a five-member, publicly elected Board of Directors.
Indio is home to over 90,000 residents and an estimated 1.4 million people visit annually to attend the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival. Nicknamed the “City of Festivals”, Indio has fast become an abundant community that offers a variety of exceptional dining, shopping, golfing, art, and entertainment experiences. Indio is part of Riverside County located 75 miles east of Riverside, 127 miles east of Los Angeles, and 148 miles northeast of San Diego. The high mountain ranges contribute to Indio’s warm climate year-round. Adorned with a gorgeous desert backdrop, Indio has over 348 days of sunshine per year, perfect for outdoor activities.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/VALLEY-SANITARY-DISTRICT-GM-1.pdf.
To be considered, please electronically submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references (references will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) at: https://koffassociates.com/general-manager-8/. Resumes should reflect the years and months of positions held.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Recruiter:
To apply for this job please visit koffassociates.com.