The Board of Directors provides policy direction for the organization and leads efforts to deliver quality programs and events to its members. Terms for all offices begin on January 1 of each year.
Elections are held in fall of each year and typically follow the election schedule below:
- Nominations Close: Last business day in October
- Ballots Distributed: First Thursday in November
- Ballots Due Back: Third Thursday in November
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: First Monday in December
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: Second Monday in December
The 2019 Election Calendar (for terms beginning January 1, 2020) shall occur as follows:
- Nominations Open: October 24, 2019
- Nominations Close: November 6, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Ballots Distributed: November 13, 2019
- Ballots Due Back: November 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Results announced: Thursday, December 5, 2019
If a run-off is required:
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: December 4, 2019
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: December 11, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Results announced: Friday, December 13, 2019
Members interested in serving on the Board of Directors are strongly encouraged to review the position description and be able to commit to the position’s expectations before submitting a nomination.
- Vice President
- Program Director
- Conference Director
- Finance Director/Treasurer (Two-Year Position)
- Membership Director
- Communications Director/Secretary
- Immediate Past President
- Region Co-Chair
Learn more about the current Board of Directors
MMANC members must be Full members to serve in an elected position and can nominate themselves for this position. Full members may also nominate other members to the position. Those interested in serving on the Board of Directors are encouraged to contact a current board member to learn more about the role. Members will also have an opportunity to learn more about the board roles at the Annual Conference.
Nominations may also be received from other MMANC members. By the close of nominations on November 6, 2019, candidates for office shall submit to the Elections Committee a brief statement of interest not to exceed 250 words. Nominations must be submitted to: email@example.com. All prospective candidates should read the position descriptions before submitting nominations.
The Elections Committee is responsible for executing the annual elections process, including:
- Candidate recruitment
- Ballot preparation
To contact the Elections Committee, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.