The Board of Directors provides policy direction for the organization and leads efforts to deliver quality programs and events to its members. Terms for all offices begin on January 1 of each year.
Elections are held in fall of each year and typically follow the election schedule below:
- Nominations Close: Last business day in October
- Ballots Distributed: First Thursday in November
- Ballots Due Back: Third Thursday in November
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: First Monday in December
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: Second Monday in December
Due to the late occurrence of the 2017 MMANC Annual Conference, the 2017 Election Calendar (for terms beginning January 1, 2018) shall occur as follows:
- Nominations Open: October 27, 2017
- Nominations Close: November 22, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Ballots Distributed: November 27, 2017
- Ballots Due Back: December 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: December 12, 2017
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: December 19, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Members interested in serving on the Board of Directors are strongly encouraged to review the position description and be able to commit to the position’s expectations before submitting a nomination.
- Vice President
- Program Director
- Finance Director/Treasurer (Two-Year Position / Next Election to be held in Fall 2018)
- Membership Director
- Communications Director/Secretary
- Immediate Past President
- Region Co-Chair
2018 Proposed Job Descriptions (to be implemented with successful adoption of November 2017 Bylaw Amendments)
Learn more about the current Board of Directors
MMANC members must be Full members to serve in an elected position and can nominate themselves for this position. Full members may also nominate other members to the position. Those interested in serving on the Board of Directors are encouraged to contact a current board member to learn more about the role. Members will also have an opportunity to learn more about the board roles at the Annual Conference.
Nominations may also be received from other MMANC members. By the close of nominations on October 31, 2016, candidates for office shall submit to the Elections Committee a brief statement of interest not to exceed 250 words. Nominations must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All prospective candidates should read the position descriptions before submitting nominations.
The Elections Committee is responsible for executing the annual elections process, including:
- Candidate recruitment
- Ballot preparation
To contact the Elections Committee, please e-mail email@example.com.