Members interested in serving on the Board of Directors are strongly encouraged to review the position description and be able to commit to the position’s expectations before submitting a nomination.
Terms for all MMANC offices begin on January 1 of each year. Elections are held in fall of each year and typically follow the election schedule below:
- Nominations Close: Last business day in October
- Ballots Distributed: First Thursday in November
- Ballots Due Back: Third Thursday in November
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: First Monday in December
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: Second Monday in December
The 2023 Election Calendar (for terms beginning January 1, 2023) shall occur as follows:
- Nominations Open: October 17, 2022
- Nominations Close: October 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Ballots Distributed: November 3, 2023
- Ballots Due Back: November 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Results announced: Monday, December 5, 2023
If a run-off is required:
- Run-off Ballots Distributed: December 5, 2023
- Run-off Ballots Due Back: December 12, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Results announced: Friday, December 16, 2023
MMANC members must be Full members to serve in an elected position and can nominate themselves for this position. Full members may also nominate other members to the position. Those interested in serving on the Board of Directors are encouraged to contact a current board member to learn more about the role. Members will also have an opportunity to learn more about the board roles at the Annual Conference.
Nominations may also be received from other MMANC members. By the close of nominations, candidates for office shall submit to the Elections Committee a brief statement of interest not to exceed 250 words. Nominations must be submitted to: email@example.com. All prospective candidates should read the position descriptions before submitting nominations.
The Elections Committee is responsible for executing the annual elections process, including:
- Candidate recruitment
- Ballot preparation
To contact the Elections Committee, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.